The Wheels and Fins Festival, now entering its fifth year, is a three-day, music, action sports & beach festival located on Joss Bay Beach in Broadstairs, Kent.
The festival includes events such as; Soapbox Racing, Skateboard Mini Ramp comp, UK BMX flatland champs, Surf & Stand up Paddleboard events, Trail Bike Display Teams, Fireworks, Live Music, Dj’s, Licensed Bars, Craft Beers, Food Court, Merchandise stalls and more…
The festival is only an hour and a half from London on the high-speed train making it a day trip for any eager beach thrill seeker. Not many festivals around the UK can boast that.
This year sees the launch of the first ever Wheels and Fins International Film Festival, powered by Bou Mou Productions, and provides an opportunity for us all to celebrate everything that we love about coastal life; sun, sea and surf. The festival is looking for exciting, creative and adventurous filmmakers to showcase their talents across a number of categories, which include:
- Best Short Film (Fiction) – Any Genre but must feature coastal living/surfing/skate/or BMX.
- Best Short Documentary – Short coastal/sea themed documentaries that highlight life on the coast, marine life or activities related to the beach, cliffs or sea.
- Best Action Sport Films – These can be Fiction or non-Fiction but must contain elements of action sports.
- Best Local Film – A local made film celebrating the Kent coast and the surrounding areas.
- Best Mobile/Drone Film – Featuring breathtaking cinematography of coastal living through stunning drone or mobile shot footage.
All submitted films will be reviewed by a judging panel, which will be led by Raindance Winner Marc Price. The films selected as part of the Official Selections will be screened in July at the wonderful independent Palace Cinema in Broadstairs, Kent where there will also be presentations from key people in the sports cinema world and a chance for the winner to screen to 5,000 daily festival-goers over three days at the main Wheels and Fins event in September.
The festival promises to provide a showcase the best local and international filmmaking talent. Whether or not you are an aspiring or an experienced filmmaker and you have a inventive and beautiful story to tell then pick up your camera, strap on your Go-Pro or even use your mobile phone, start filming and get involved.
For more information and for how to get involved visit – The Wheels and Fins International Film Festival